Tuesday 10 March 2015

Unit 29 Contribute ideas to production


Identify sources of ideas for productions, explaining how these can be accessed.
There are many different things you could use for sourcing ideas for production. For example if I was brainstorming for brochure ideas I may look to the internet, look at previous brochures or flyers for that specific client to see what has been done for them before or use the internet and our archives to see what other clients have had for similar purposes and what I feel the client may like to see or what may interested them.

Suggest ideas for format, budget, style and potential audience for a specific production.
When involved in meetings with my colleagues to pass ideas around and discuss them, one of the main factors to consider is whether the idea could actually be done, whether we have enough time and budget to support it and that it fits its purpose well. I have had a go at creating brochures for our company’s services as part of my job and I have taken into consideration all these aspects to allow for a well thought out idea that can be used and executed well for its purpose.

Identify strengths and limitations of own ideas.
When coming up with Layout ideas I’m good at creating lots of different appealing ideas but It is necessary for me to ensure that what I’m planning is not only interesting for me but will be interesting for my target audience as I’m not the target audience I like to ask for feedback from my colleagues as we all have a different opinion. For example during a recent project, I was re designing our training brochure so that is was a lot less pages and so that it looked more appealing. I printed off a few versions and gave them to people to scribble their thoughts and opinions on, this proved to be very helpful as it gave me the ability to create something that would appeal to a wider range of people.

Review ideas to confirm whether there is adequate content to make a workable programme and to ensure that they contribute towards achieving organisation objectives.
At multiple different stages in the process I printed off a few versions and gave them to people to scribble their thoughts and opinions on, I would also ask colleagues to give the text a quick read to see if it had the correct spellings and punctuation.

Identify any changes needed to meet production requirements and editorial policy.
Any changes that need to be made are spotted at the multiple stages that I ask my colleagues for feedback, such as at when the document gets read and when the images are checked at the beginning to ensure they are the correct ones. When creating any form of document it is important that you bear in mind that anyone who has also been assigned to that specific job can edit your document for purposes such as something being irrelevant, spelt incorrectly or changing their mind about an image etc.

Write realistic and clear outline proposals.
Write realistic and clear detailed treatments, to meet schedule and budget requirements.
When being briefed in on any project, the key is to have a clear understanding of what you want to achieve and in what time period. To help me do this I make sure all aspects are realistic, such as asset and artwork creation times, my deadline and the budget. This helps me focus on what I need to achieve and by when. For example on a Keepmoat job I would take how many house types they require and divide that by  the allocated 2D time that has been paid for then I would take each slot of time for one house and work out what they need creating, what I can pull from previous jobs Etc. And divide my time accordingly.
I take all these factors into consideration for all projects when I need to. Doing things like creating assets that aren’t required until the end while you are waiting for assets from others helps all of the project team to produce things without limiting the quality and it helps everyone in the team reach their own goals and deadlines by pulling your own weight. For example I can create the draft layout of a graphics board and sales leaflet for a house that features all the details of a house before I have received the image created by another team member.

Suggest named presenters, performers or contributors to be used for the production.
This doesn’t apply to me in my job role but if I were to do this I would talk with my colleagues to determine the best people for this role from a perspective of everyone that is involved.

Present ideas clearly and cogently to relevant parties.
During projects a number of meetings are called to discuss progress and different Concepts. During these we present and discuss our ideas within the team and how we could go about achieving it. The ideas are discussed around the team. This can sometimes involve other parties outside of the immediate team, like Clients or other companies that we may be working in collaboration with.

Identify key legal and ethical implications which affect the use of information in production.
Comply with relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
Certain information has parameters and limitations and for ethical reasons it is sometimes inappropriate or illegal to share this information. In the industry I work in the use of information to be published without consent or the use of images without consent, is not permitted. When using any form of image or information that has been sourced from anywhere other than within your team you must ensure you have the rights to use the images. In some cases you may need to pay to use the information or images. Any information, such as photography not generated inside the company have to comply with regulations and requirements put in place ensuring that all uses of outside media are legal, and follow copyright. This means any images used have to have their photographer/creator acknowledged, no adjustments to the original images and used in an ethical way.


No comments:

Post a Comment