Tuesday 26 February 2013

jenny saville

I find jenny savilles work to be quite interesting as it is quite abnormal.  I love the way that she creates larger images of the femail body, this to me seems to try to get the message that big is beautiful across and I find this to be what makes her work so unique, she shows that big women are can be used as models too aswell as smaller/slimmer women.


I don’t like the way that in some of her images she will draw parts of men onto the womans body such as penis’s, she may have had some reason behind this but I don’t think that it has any meaning and is a bit disturbing.

I like the way that jenny uses thick lashings of colour in her work and you can tell that she uses either a large brush or even her hand and I think this adds to the quality of her work and the use of unusual colours for parts of the body really has a good impact on her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment